Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization created in 1971 that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. The French section is present in around thirty countries.
We are looking for a: Regional Technical Referent Energy M/F
He/she will be the first technical support for the coordination and field technicians, and he/she will be the first responder to questions coming from the coordination and the field.
The RTR will monitor the implementation of MSF logistic policies, guidelines and procedures at field-level in his/her technical field.
In collaboration with Headquarter Technical Referent, Log Cell and Logistic Coordinators of the countries area, the RTR:
- Conducts scheduled visits in the countries within her/his geographic area, according to the terms of reference established by the Logistics Coordinator of the requesting country;
- Is the central point for technical support requests, and answers questions coming from the Logistics Coordinators in her/his geographic area, if necessary with help from her/his Headquarter Technical Referent(POS);
- Participates in planning visit schedules according to field needs and develops the TOR together with the Logistic Coordinator. Final validation of the schedules and/or modifications to them are the responsibility of the Cell Log, working with the Headquarter Technical Referent;
- Is available to participate in emergency operations in her/his geographic area;
- Along with the Headquarter Technical Referent, helps define the policies related to her/his speciality area by providing feedback;
- Participates in R&D on equipment and/or practices in her/his speciality by taking part in testing campaigns and offering feedback on the projects in her/his geographic area.
- Analyses the components of her/his activity for all of the missions in her/his geographic area at least once a year;
- Drafts visit reports for each visit and an annual activity report.
Under the direct responsibility of the Cell logistic Manager, the RTR:
- Responds to one-off missions at the request of the Logistics Coordinators for the countries in her/his geographic region;
- Helps recruit national technicians;
- Contributes to continuing education for the teams;
- Evaluates the technical level of the (national and international) specialists, helps define career paths and offers ad hoc training;
- Validates the service providers and product-supplier pairs;
- Advises and supports the logistics coordinators in decision-making related to his/her technical specialty.
- Planning is drawn up by the POS then managed by the Cell logistic Manager.
- Planning decisions are made by:
- the logistic coordinators of concerned countries
- Cell logistic manager of concerned countries if necessary,
- RLO when several cells are involved if necessary
- Administrative and health issues are handled by the host coordination team.
- Travel organization is coordinated by administrative teams of the countries and validated by the Logistic Coordinator.
- Over-arching line management is provided by the Cell logistic Manager, short-term line management is provided by the logistics coordinator of any country visited during the period of the visit.
- The functional aspects of the post are supervised by the Headquarter Technical Referent (POS).
- The annual review is carried out by the hierarchical and functional tandem (the Cell logistic Manager and Headquarter Technical Referent).
- The post is situated at level N12 of the function scale.
Field experience (at least 12 month) in logistics and significant relevant experience within the technical domain.
Experience with MSF is highly appreciable or another INGO.
Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a relevant field
Degree in the field of activity
Experience in Energy field (electricity and renewable energy)
Experience in the HVAC field would be a plus.
Languages: Fluent in English. French would be a plus.
Good technical knowledge in his/her specialty
Good management skills and project follow up.
Aptitudes: Flexible and well-organized
Works well with others, rigorous, analytical and good at synthesizing information
Good interpersonal, communication and listening skills
Ability to train technicians at field-level
Status: Fixed-term contract – 12/24 months. Based in Amman with frequent trips to missions and headquarters
Expected starting date: 02nd of May 2023
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, race, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, and indigenous groups are encouraged to apply.