In MSF field missions physiotherapists are required to organise healthcare and its follow-up in internal and/or external hospital departments or dispensaries. Physiotherapists intervene mainly in orthopedics – traumatology, burns and/or pediatrics.
- participate in the organisation and planning of medical and paramedical activities in the hospital or dispensary,
- supervise the activities carried out by physiotherapists and local re-adaptation technicians with the various hospital departments or the dispensary and ensure conformity with physiotherapist good practices,
- ensure adherence to MSF protocols,
- oversee the upkeep and proper use of material, checks "consumables" are properly managed and take charge of local and international orders for material,
- identify training needs among physiotherapists or local re-adaptation technicians and /or other healthcare workers,
- support their supervisor,
- provide administrative follow-up for their department (patients' files, statistics etc.).