The operating theatre nurse is responsible for organizing and managing healthcare, staff and material in the operating theatre, the recovery room and the sterilisation room.
- coordinates, organises and plans activities in the operating theatre, the recovery room and the sterilisation room,
- guarantees the quality of healthcare within the service (care protocols, patient and staff security, medical prescriptions followed, etc.),
- undertakes the scrub nurse role and any other role needed in the operating theatre, participate in the surgical team duty roster (24/7),
- supervises, manages and trains staff in the operating theatre, the recovery room and the sterilisation room,
- implements and ensures adherence to hygiene procedures in the operating theatre and the sterilising room (clean/dirty circuits, cleaning and disinfecting the premises),
- takes responsibility for theatre supply in terms of medicines, medical materials, equipment and consumable items (orders, inventories, stock management, maintenance),
- organises, collects and analyses data on surgical activity and contributes to drafting the mission's medical reports.