Coordination of patient support activities (emotional, therapeutic patient education and social support activities) within an HIV, TB and/or Non Communicable Disease (NCD) project, in order to empower the patient in front of his illness and treatment. Supervising the quality of the activities, and helping to improve the technical performance of the staff.
- Assess patient needs
- Define the patient support strategy according to the medical needs and context.
- Develop patient support tools (counselling and education protocols, educational tools, …)
- Ensure implementation of patient support activities (health talks, individual and group patient education and counseling sessions, defaulter tracing, strengthening of support groups,…) according to protocols.
- Manage staff involved in patient support (recruitment, composition, training, coaching, evaluation…)
- Monitor and evaluate patient support activities (define indicators and follow-up tools, collect and analyse data)
- Ensure collaboration with the others components of the project and others partners working on patient support.